Wednesday 15 July 2015

The Bunny Chow

For a cold winters dinner a warm spicy curry or comfort food is ideal! Though where I live we are famous for something entirely different! The Bunny Chow! It may have an odd ring to it but let me tell you a little about it. It is basically an unsliced loaf of bread where the middle has been taken out and a curry of your desired flavour is added to it! let me tell you that this is a delectable feast! There is tons of gravy to mop up with the bread and the bread actually acts as a container for the curry but its an edible one! Durban is famous for their bunny chows especially the mutton curry bunny chow! Tonight as I feast on this delectable cuisine I will be in heaven!It is a must try whether you make it yourself or buy it! I made it myself!
Recipe
1 Kg mutton
3 tomatoes
Half an onion
4 potatoes
2 tsp chilli powder
Half a tsp turmeric
2 tsp dhana jeera
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger garlic 
A few cloves and cardamon pods 
enough oil to coat the pot 
Cinnamon stick
Half a tsp whole jeera
Method: Add the onion chopped and the whole spices to the pot with the oil. When the onions have browned add the rest of the spices, tomatoes and meat and let it braise. Add a cup of water and add your potatoes and let it cook.



No comments:

Post a Comment