Tuesday 14 July 2015

The Biscuit Baking Begins!

It's that time of year where all the muslim start producing their finest baked goods to eat because eid is just around the corner! So I have decided to diverge a bit and blog about some of the baking that I am doing at the moment and oh my word the smells emanating from the kitchen is soooo grand! The smell of freshly baked biscuits is enough to drive oneself to distraction and the fasting obviously dosent make it any better hey! The 2 biscuits that I am blogging is the most famous ones that you usually see every year and are extremely tasty! They are my moms basic biscuits and are a treat for everyone! I just adore decorating these biscuits it's always so much fun!
Recipe for the flower biscuits:
500g butter
1. 1/2 cups icing sugar
Beat this until creamy and white.
Add 2 cups maizena and beat for another 10 minutes.
Recipe for the elachie sugar biscuit:
250g butter 
3/4 cup castor sugar
Beat until creamy
1/2 cup maizena
almonds
2 tsp elachie powder
3 cups flour
Add this to the first mixture to make a dough. Cut and bake for 15 minutes and when baked dip in castor sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment