Saturday 11 July 2015

Moms custard tart!

So when I'm in the mood for something sweet my moms custard tart is a real treat and so easy to make! It's very similar to the milk tart which I adore but the colouring is different! Today was the 1st time I baked a proper tart and I must say it was very simple! The one thing I learnt is that you have to grease the baking tins! Otherwise your tart will stick to the baking tin and won't budge! Luckily mom was there to remind me to grease it otherwise I would have had very brown tarts stuck to the baking tin!
Recipe:
Base :
3 cups of flour
1 egg
3/4 cup castor sugar
250g magerine
1.1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tblsp oil
 Method for base: beat butter, sugar and oil. add the egg and then beat again. then add the baking powder and flour and mix till it forms a dough. roll the dough thin so that you can layer the dough as a base in your baking tin making sure to grease the baking tins 1st!
Egg custard:
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tblsp sugar
Method: beat the above ingredients and add it to the baking tin with you base. sprinkle some cinnamon powder and bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment